6 December 2009

Love, contentment, tranquillity

Contentment is where tranquility is found;
in assurance that one was "created rich,"
that all that befalls one is of "profit" to oneself
so long as one can be "content" therewith.

O SON OF MAN!
I loved thy creation, hence I created thee.
Wherefore, do thou love Me,
that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life.
- Bahá'u'lláh, The Hidden Words, A4



The cell occupied by Bahá’u’lláh in ‘Akká (Acre), Israel, restored.

O SON OF BEING!
Thou art My lamp and My light is in thee.
Get thou from it thy radiance and seek none other than Me.
For I have created thee rich and have bountifully shed My favor upon thee.
- Bahá'u'lláh, The Hidden Words, A11



I swear by My life!
Nothing save that which profiteth them can befall My loved ones.
To this testifieth the Pen of God, the Most Powerful, the All-Glorious, the Best Beloved.
- Bahá'u'lláh, quoted in The Advent of Divine Justice, 82


O SON OF SPIRIT!
Ask not of Me that which We desire not for thee,
then be content with what We have ordained for thy sake,
for this is that which profiteth thee,
if therewith thou dost content thyself.
- Bahá'u'lláh, The Hidden Words, A18


Photo Copyright 2009, Bahá'í International Community. View here.



No comments: