11 February 2008

Walking with 'Abdu'l-Bahá

Today's lesson:

Visualize 'Abdu'l-Bahá as being present, walking alongside you in all phases of your life.

The following is from a pilgrim's note quoting ‘Abdu'l-Bahá (written by G.O. Latimer, 1919):

Turn to me always that I may be in your hearts for I love you very much and this is eternal. You are always in my heart, but I must also be in your hearts, then we are in oneness....

"I am always with you and although I am far from you in body, yet in spirit I am ever near and present amidst you all. At heart I am attached to you and the connective waves of my sensations are never interrupted. I ever pray on your behalf and beg for you assistance and confirmation. May you all rest and abide under His sheltering protection."

The following is an EXTRACT FROM AN INTERVIEW GIVEN TO THE EDITOR OF "THE LONDON BUDGET" S. S. CHAMBERLAIN:

...in reality I am always with you. Place does not matter. Two people may be in the same room and yet not attain to a visitation. When I was in prison many people came to see me. They crossed seas and deserts and yet remained in the city of the blind while others in far-distant lands attained the meeting.

"Alas, alas! the world has not discovered the reality of religion hidden beneath the symbolic forms!"




No comments: